Thursday, December 8, 2011

Busy, busy!

I have been in a crating FRENZY after a day of shopping for materials yesterday. What started out as a trip to get a few items for a few new projects (more on that in a later post) and last minute gifts, turned into a "let's get enough to last me until the end of the year" trip. JoAnn's was PACKED (seriously, are there THAT MANY people that don't work in San Diego??!) and there was NO WAY I was going back there again until after Christmas. I am resolve in this statement despite the fact that I got to the register and only then realized that my coupons weren't valid yet. UGH!! I bought it all at whatever cost it was without the coupon - I stood in line at the cutting counter TWICE - there was no way I was leaving without my stuff and comi
ng back in a few days!!

As bad as JoAnn's was, I drove right past Michael's!! On a good day, Michael's is a trip is a challenge for me so I passed. Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped at my favorite bead store for a little inspiration. I got a "bit" more than I planned but, as I said, I have been working all day and unfortunately missed the good photo taking sun so I am taking a small break to write this and then starting back up again! Someday I will have a studio that isn't cave-like and actually gets natural light.

Anyway, I FINALLY finished some LARGE sized DPN holders for my Etsy store. These have been long overdue but have not been a priority since I sell more small size than anything else. They will be posted in my store sometime tomorrow but unlike my other DPN holders, they are not adjustable and will be $2 more. These have larger and more bead, unfortunately making them a bit more expensive.


Also since there are more beads, I am unable to shorten the length. They will fit 5 US 11 needles comfortably (the picture shows US 10's since I don't have 11's).
Well, 27 needle holders made, blog almost posted and 3 loads of laundry done, I think it is time to get to making dinner and getting some more work done wile watching a movie later tonight!

~Enjoy!

No comments: