Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Square Storage Tin


My Square device came in a foam mailer and it got me thinking that having a storage container might be a a good idea. Now I wish I could say that this was an original idea, but I have to admit that Bethany over at 42nd & Orange had the idea before I did. She actually was the one to answer all of my questions solidifying my decision to get one. SO I looked into what I had around and this is what I used:


Using an old mint tin, I placed it bottom down centered over the Square cut out and traced it with chalk. I then cut the foam on the inside of the line (remember that we traced the outside of the tin so we need to cut it just a bit smaller to account for the thickness of the box).
I then took one of the side pieces and sliced it in half through its thickness. I did this to make the foam sit higher in the tin. I didn't want the Square to have enough room to work its way out and
rattle around in the tin.

Lay this thin piece in, then the cut piece, then the Square and you are done!

WAIT! I did do one more step. The mailer came with a sticker to announce that I take credit cards. The sticker was too big with the Square logo on it. I thought about just cutting it off but wasn't sure if there was a reason to keep it (think of the ATM logos) so I opted to print a copy of it and cut just what I needed for now and used packing tape to attach it.
I set it upside-down if you are looking at the opening end so that when I am at a show I can place the open tin and the "label" will "sit up" on the table.

No comments: