Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I now take credit cards!

For the past several years while doing craft shows, my biggest sales breaker was the inability to take credit cards. I know that I am not alone on this. It is because of this that shows that have a central check out will charge a larger show fee ( and usually also a percentage) for the "convenience" of being able to take credit cards. There WAS a time that, technology being what it was, this was a feasable way to justify paying the extra fees. These days, things are different. It has all been changed for me with this little Square.

This fabulous little device has no annual fee, is pay as you use it and plugs into my Xoom (it can plug into any 'smart' device including iPhones and Droids). The per use percentage is in the same range with PayPal, varying slightly with how you run the card (swipe or manual). It DOES require an internet connection to run the cards, however, most people already have that capability. this is doubly exciting for me as I start to do larger custom jobs, my clients now have a way to use credit and with the economy the way it is, who isn't using that to their advantage?

P.S. - NO, I don't have any affiliation, I am just super excited to find relief to a nagging issue.




No comments: