Thursday, January 15, 2009

One for me

After the Christmas holiday (in which I made not a single thing I wanted to make) and the orders that I have had, I have not done much knitting for myself. I figured I would squeeze one in. Had I realized how quick it was going to work up, I might have worked on them earlier.
Jute (from Home Depot) sole
Knit One Crochet Too 2nd Time Cotton in linen color
Random buttons from my stash
These are crocheted on H and J hooks
The only deviation from the pattern was to shorten the strap to accomodate my skis long skinny feet. The pattern is VERY well written and should be followed even if you think you know better (not that I ever think that). I am also using a product called "Plasti Dip" on the bottom. It is a spray on rubber (from Home Depot) so that they will wear better outside. The cotton is reclaimed from clothing manufacturing and respun. It is very soft and comes in some great subtle colors. I hope it wears as well as it feels.
If you crochet, I do suggest checking the pattern's author out. She has an Esty store and a blog - both of which have patterns - ALL of which are ADORABLE.
~Enjoy!

No comments: