Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Purses Everywhere

There are pros and cons to the way I work. I tend to start several projects at a time and work on them as the mood strikes me. This allows me to start things as I am excited about them and doesn't force me to work on something just because that is the project going right now (which never works for me). I find that not forcing any one piece of work makes for a better (and quicker) end result - at least that is what I keep telling myself anyway. Just about the time I am ready to scream because I haven't finished anything in SO LONG, I have 5 things all finishing one right after another, and I have to say, it is quite gratifying. Of course, it doesn't bode so well for blogging - I am still working on the process.


I made these felted bags for a woman in MI - a VERY PATIENT woman. They ended up a bit different than she asked for, but as I worked on them my functional and artistic sides had a meeting and out voted me 2 to 1. The handles and attachments are different - they seemed a bit more appropriate texturally than the acrylic ones.

I also opted to line them. Not only did it give a more finished look, it gave it more structure and stability - particularly to the bottom. Now the lining will hold the weight instead of the wool (which will stretch).

Now, if you have one of these purses and it was made without a lining and it has stretched, you can reshape it. Completely wet the bag, roll in a towel and squeeze lightly to remove excess water and re-block it. I somehow didn't think sending instructions with the bags was quite appropriate though - call me crazy.


SO with the bags all done (and yes there are more already started - and one in my Etsy shop too), I am trying to clean the house up to get ready form the New Year. The Chinese have a custom during their New Year (later in the year) that I like to follow. They clean the house and "sweep out the past ill fortune to make room for future good luck". Whether it is ill fortune, bad energy or bad luck, I say good riddance. And, if you don't believe in ANY of that, well, a good house cleaning never hurt anyone and if China saw the state of my house lately, they would move their New Years up too, just to make sure I got it all done.
Of course, no post is truly complete without the obligatory kittie picture - and this one couldn't be more appropriate...
Because "The Boys" always have to be involved with what I am doing every minute of everyday, as I was taking the trash out, Hanz had to get in and inspect my can and liner to make sure that it was clean too. You know what they say about "everything in its place" - I think it is now, I just need a lid to keep him in there!
I wish you all MANY BLESSINGS this coming year!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Hi,
I love the purses. They are beautiful and I really love your little baby booties....OMG, they are adorable! Happy New Year. Thanks for the info. on the LED lights.