Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's OUT!!


Wendy Bernard's (Knit and Tonic) book is FINALLY OUT!!! I cannot WAIT to get this!! My friend Meagan has already agreed to "help" me make the cover sweater. I say "help" because, as I have said in past posts - I don't fair isle. Meagan LOVES to fair isle. And is REALLY GOOD at it.


I have been waiting (not so) patiently for this book to come out. I have been reading Knit and Tonic since I just started knitting. I feel some kind of a kindred (and somewhat sarcastic) spirit when I read her. I envy her writing most of all. She says what I think with a grace that I never seem to find. I just seem to blurt it out poorly and offend people (even when I am saying something nice!). She is real and says real things and I like that. What I wouldn't do to spend an afternoon knitting and drinking margaritas with HER!!


Beyond that - I LOVE her patterns. She has style (although, if I were thin like her, my style would probably look better!) that is cool but doesn't make us old farts (my birthday is weighing on my mind today) look like we are trying to be younger than we really are. Unfortunately, I don't see her book available at any local stores - if you know where I can pick one up (do I really have to wait for the MAIL??!) in San Diego - let me know. AND pick one up for yourself - it will be a purchase you won't regret. She is AWESOME!!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I love Wendy, too. She is one of the first knitting blogs I started reading and like you, I can't get enought of her. Of her style, fashion and writing! I have also been waiting for her book to come out. I have bought many of her patterns online, but have yet to knit any....you know, because I don't knit!! HA HA HA