Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spoiled in the Swap!

So, I did my very first swap recently and I have been spoiled beyond belief by my partner!!! It was a "tea and knit" swap and my partner went above and beyond!!
Now, I have a friend who does swaps on a regular basis and I have never heard her get as excited as I was to receive this so I am guessing that not everyone puts this much thought it their packages.
Now, this was a "tea and knit" swap so I sort of expected a few things...
tea...
and 'knit' and a few treats (which were an awesome flashback to my childhood since my swap partner is from 3 towns away from my home town...

and some more tea and knitting treats (those are stitch markers and a mini sock key chain in the ties!!)....


but then I ALSO got everything you need to make an awesome coffee...


lotion, powder, lip balm, a journal and homemade soap!!!

Now, if all of that wasn't enough, she made me a drop spindle and sent me the perfect color roving too!!!!!
I am just overwhelmed by her generosity and thoughtfulness!

Now, if all this wasn't impressive enough, she did all this WHILE preparing for an upcoming surgery for her son and taking care of 2 other children and her husband! I can't tell you how impressed I am by the sheer strength and determination she possesses that it takes to do what she does on a daily basis - AND she still makes time to do for others as well! I wish I could go "babysit" for her for 2 hours so she could take a nap (I am tired thinking of her schedule!!) Since I can't (I live on the opposite coast), I figured I would point you in the direction of her online store. All of the profits go toward helping pay for her son's ongoing medical expenses. For all of you sock knitters out there - she has a pattern up there and the cutest mini sock earrings!! Check it out!!

1 comment:

soapy said...

ohhhhh your so very welcome!! I enjoyed the swap imensley!! Just glad I was able to paticipate!!
I had so much fun with your package! I shop mostly online anyway...
I hoep your enjoying everything. I see you used some sock yarn...
Have you tried anything else yet?