Friday, May 16, 2008

Basic Baby Hat

For any of you who have ever taken my baby hat class, you already have this pattern. However, it occurred to me that people who don' t live in the San Diego area, don't have that option, so I will be putting my patterns up on my side bar (I know, it is about time!) Since I don't have a baby to show this off on (mine is 18 and the closest thing I can get to a picture is of her feet(see yellow socks)), please excuse my "model".
Basic Baby Hat

US Size 10 DPNs (Double Pointed Needles)
(or whatever size you need to obtain gauge)

Bernat Softee Chuncky Yarn (or another Bulky weight Yarn)

Gauge: 14 sts x 20 rws = 4" x 4"

CO 56 stitches using a long tail method
(or 1x1 rib method).

Divide stitches evenly between needles
(14 per needle if using 5 needles).

Join needles ensuring that the not to twist.

Work in 1x1 rib for 2" (if you used the 1x1 rib cast on, make sure you start with a knit stitch).
Continue in stockinette (all knitting) until hat measures about 3.25".
Decrease for the crown as follows:
Decrease round 1: (k2tog, k5) repeat to end.
Round 2: Knit
Round 3: (k2tog, k4) repeat to end.
Round 4: Knit
Round 5: (k2 tog, k3) repeat to end.
Round 6: Knit
Round 7: (k2tog, k2) repeat to end.
Round 8: Knit
Round 9: (k2tog, k1) repeat to end.
Round 10: Knit
Round 11: K2 tog
Cut yarn and pull through remaining stitches.
Pull tight and weave in ends.


And it has been far too long since the last obligatory cat picture.
Of course, he must be a teenager too... see the "Do you SEE what she DOES TO ME?!" look? When he starts paying for his own food, I will stop making him model for me.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Love your cat!! I can't seem to load the page for directions for this Sat.'s event?! I really want to try and see you.