Friday, February 15, 2008

Catching Up part 2

Well, a busy week it has been and I promised you more updates. So here goes.....



The Kid finally got around to sending pictures of the infamous running socks so I will share those first.

Inspired by: Move Your Fanny by Gigi Silva
(originally found at socktopia.net which is no longer avaiilable)
in Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in Vanilla Cream
55% Bamboo, 24% Cotton, 21% Elastic Nylon
on US #1 in a Women's Size 6

Gauge, cuff length, heel, ribbing and toe were changed - all subtly, but it is all in the details, right?

The Kid lives in So. FL and runs so I decided to make these for her. Having a breathable material with stretch for fit and machine washability was necessary so he Panda Cotton was perfect. The ribbing along the arches for support was what drew me to the pattern. The problem is she has such small feet, trying to get the ribbing in the right place was a bit of a challenge. From the picture, it looks like they have shrunk a bit with washing but I don't know that I would necessarily make any adjustment for it. While the Panda Cotton was a bit "splitty", it will definitely not hinder me from using it again. I love the yarn and the pattern - I can't wait to make some for myself!

2 comments:

drlaura said...

Hi Lisa,
i found your blog again! love looking and then i forget to bookmark, so doing that now!
your knitting and photos are just wonderful!
will be posting that great pic of your daughter's socks on our CPY blog
at CPYSocksandMore
ps yearlong contest with colors for each month - aka Pink is for february so come win some prizes!
blessings, :L, laura
CPY sock guru

Karla said...

They look great! Great job.