Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Short Political Rant...

First let me state, I do not vote. For all of the reasons that I do not vote, THIS is the biggest reason: I do not have enough unbiased information about the candidates to make a well informed decision.

All you see and hear these days is about Hillary and Obama - OK, you MIGHT hear about the other Democratic runners, but only because Hillary and Obama are there in the story somehow.
If I didn't know better, I would think there weren't any Republicans running. Maybe I am not listening to enough AM radio.

Now, when you go to buy a printer, you can go online and find a million sites that will compare the printers that you are interested in. (Printer Comparison) While a few hundred bucks for a printer is a lot of money to people like me, it seems that the potential thousands that I could lose in taxes would be more important. Or the thousands of sons and daughters we could lose in war if we make the wrong choice. I don't need to know EVERYTHING about them - just the important statistics. When you hire someone you want to see their resume as well as the interview - are they actually QUALIFIED? Or are they just really popular? (Think back to High School.... would you want your class president to even run your PTA now?)

SO, with an important decision like this - something that will affect not only the next 4-8 year, but longer (how long will it take to undo all of the screwed up legislature, how many small businesses will go under and be in personal financial ruin?) - why, hasn't anyone come up with a comparative spreadsheet for the politically ignorant? I don't need to hear the spin on why Hillary was crying - tell me why she would be more successful in the White House the second time around than she was in the first (come on - we all know who wears the pants - at least the pants pulled all the way up). Tell me why I heard more about Giuliani when he was LEAVING office than I do now.

OK, I will get off my soapbox. Lots of knitting news coming up - with pictures. Possibly a few new items in the side bar too. You might have to drag me out of the sun first though - GOD I LOVE San Diego winters!

4 comments:

Karla said...

I know it's not the same as what you are looking for, and probably won't change your mind about not voting, but here is an interesting link about the candidate who shares the most views as you.
http://glassbooth.org/
(Sorry I don't know how to make the link active.)

Anonymous said...

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008.html

And, you really should vote.

aurora901 said...

Hey Ms Lisa.
My mom finally convinced me to get a blog.
And San Diego winters do rock.

guthriegirl said...

Check out this site:
http://glassbooth.org
...glassbooth connects you to the 2008 presidential candidate that represents your beliefs the best. I found it very helpful to take the quiz and see who best matches my beliefs, then also to read each candidate's view on each issue.