Saturday, September 29, 2007

Shameless Plug

It is such a rare occasion these days to get truly great service. So, when you get it and the store you are in has great selection and prices, it would be sinful to let a trip there pass without giving them a little plug.
I went to Fabric Discounters in the Miramar area (in San Diego) today and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long to go!!! They carry interior design fabrics - everything from sheer to heavy weight and their prices are great. There will be some VERY cute knitting bags and needle storage being made!
I think what REALLY caught my attention though, was the lack of snootiness. Now those of you who know me personally can attest to how much this bugs me... lack of customer service, judging appearances to determine how to speak. JUST BE NICE. I walked in and was GENUINELY greeted - not the standard "Welcome to _______" without so much as a turn of the head. Another employee came over and asked if I needed any help finding anything specific - "No, just looking." She let me know that all of the bolts had samples available and if I needed anything to please let her know. No pressure at all. I browsed, being checked on once, grabbed up some remnants and headed for the register before I started buying WAY more that I had planned. Again, genuinely nice people at the register and didn't even glare when I just got my remnants! They asked what I was making and we chatted while I was rung up.
I will be a repeat customer. I should have grabbed some cards and delivered them to some of the places I have been that gave me crappy service!!! SO, if you have a need for interior design fabric, or want me to make you a bag, go check them out!!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Hey there!! We missed you yesterday!! Thanks for the heads-up on Fabric Discounters. I would love to see the bags that you make!! Will you be at On The Border, Tuesday night? Hope to see you there.