Thursday, May 3, 2007

More socks

I will never buy socks again. I have finished my 2nd pair of socks and I can't figure out whether I enjoyed making them or wearing them more.

The pattern is from http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTwiddershins.html called Widdershins by Brooke Chenoweth Creel (no cables)
I used a Collinette colorway called Jitterbug on US 1 DPNs
Approx. 129 yds. of 100% Superwash Merino - Color 128 - Castagne
I used the Universal Toe Up Sock Formula for the toe http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTuniversalsock.html and did 1" of ribbing starting 2" above the heel.

(When you have "kankles" (as The Man calls them) like I do, and calves just as big, you don't try to make socks that go anywhere past the ankle unless you want to take out a loan for the yarn.)
Since I made them short I will be able to get another pair of socks out of the same hank - gotta love that!
Well, off to figure out what socks I am making next!! I am thinking about stepping it up a notch and doing some cables or maybe some lace - I'll let you know as soon as I do!

No comments: